Last weekend, my Star Wars obsessed four-year-old son suggested a name for the truck. It’s a pretty good one, and may actually stick, but first I need to decide the following:
Let’s look at the finer points:
- Big? Check.
- Beast of Burden? Check.
- Slow? Check.
- Smelly? Check. (The Cruiser’s got a minor oil leak onto the exhaust manifold. Peee-Yoo.)
- Color? Close enough. (The Cruiser is tan; banthas are brown.)
- Loyal? Probably. (Cruisers have that reputation.)
- Desert-dwelling? Sort of. (Brewster’s not near any deserts, but I first fell in love with Cruisers in Yemen.)
- Shaggy? Nope, but this Cruiser does have the worst paint job in automotive history—I think it was done with roll-on latex house paint—so the texture is about right.
- Favored mount of Tusken Raiders? Hmm…